Saturday, June 30, 2007

Happy Canada Day!

Allow me to commemorate Canada's birthday with a funny advertisement I saw a month back. It was in Courtenay Place, Wellington's downtown area, in the front window of a travel agency.

No, your eyes do not deceive you... THEY'RE ADVERTISING THE CANADIAN WINTER! They must be mad!

Come and see the Canadian winter, it says. Bah, say I -- what malicious creatures would lure poor, unsuspecting kiwis into such a thing? Clearly, some evil plot is afoot.

(...or, maybe our skiing really IS sufficiently awesome to justify enduring our winters.) ;-)

So, "happy birthday" to a country SO great, people even wanna visit it when temperatures drop below -30C!

1 comment:

Tomas said...

Haha, those unsuspecting Kiwis...I missed not being in Ottawa for Canada Day, mind you, I have been there 4 years in a row now so I wasn't too sad!

Thanks for a great visit folks - you guys were great tour guides. You loved the heated rooms of the Intercontinental didn't you Karla!!!

I enjoyed myself immensley. Watching the All-Blacks, learning the Haka, seeing your pad, experiencing Wellington weather and of course, NZ food and drink! That lamb was unreal!

Humey - Karla and I were worried when you got burried in that Rugby scrum the other week...but after all the bodies were lifted out we finally saw you, picking yourself off the ground with a big grin...nice sport you have gotten into there...can tell you really love it.

Wallabies kicked your All-Blacks arse over the weekend - and you were so cocky before the game...quiet now though aren't you! I wonder if the All-Blacks, as great a team as they are, can "deliver" in France!!!

Cheers,

Tomas

PS You guys should really look into your blogger page - for the last 6 months it has been almost impossible to leave a comment!!!